Monday, February 23, 2009

Bread Pudding with Cheese

I'm back with my entry after being silent for almost a year (wow!! never realize that a year flies so fast)

I've posted this recipe in my fotopages before and due to many requests for the recipe, I'm sharing it here again.

This bread pudding is my own creation. I tried once and the result turned out to be excellent and my children loves it so much. I was then noted down the 'recipe' and made it over and over again. I then stopped for many months and when I tried again to recall the recipe from my brain and made do with whatever that I could remember, the result turned out to be very bad. I referred back to my recipe and I just realized that I missed the water portion from the ingredients list that made my bread pudding turned to be so hard to chew ;)



Ingredients:
8 slices of sandwich bread
1 can of evaporated milk
1 can of water (use the same evaporated milk can)
3 eggs - lightly beaten
4 tbsp of sugar
3 slices of cheddar cheese - tear to small pieces butter (for spread)

caramelized sugar

Method:
1. Spread caramelized sugar to the bottom of the mold
2. Slice bread to triangle shape
3. Spread butter to each slice
4. Arrange bread slice to the mold till finish
5. Pour evaporated milk, water, and egg to the bread.
6. Sprinkle sugar to the mixture.
7. Arrange cheddar cheese pieces on the top.
8. Sprinkle with raisins.
9. Leave the mixture for 30 min to let the liquid to be absorbed by the bread.
10. Bake at 160C for 20 mins.

* Good to be eaten chill.

3 comments:

k u k u j i o a m a n said...

at last!!! someone updated her blog after a few centuries...

Pea said...

ha ha ha!

Kamya said...

hey ....its really mouth-watering dessert..my husband is great fond of dessert/sweet dishes. I am surely going to try this out...keep posting such nice dishes....