Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Homemade Spaghetti Bolognese

There are so many things said about HALALness of ready-made-in-the-jar spaghetti sauce bought from grocery stores. Here is a simple spaghetti sauce that I always made to serve my family.
Ingredients:
2 tbsp oil
3 garlic - crushed
1/2 kg ground beef
1 small can tomato puree (I normally use duchef brand)
2 tomatoes – diced
1/2 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)1 onion - diced
200 gm oyster mushroom (optional) - tear into small pieces diced
1 tsp Italian herbs (I use McCormick)
1 tsp oregano
1 bay leave
1 tsp salt

Method:
1. Heat oil, sautéed crush garlic in the oil until tender.
2. Toss in ground beef. Break up the meat with a flat, wooden spoon. Let it stay until browned.
3. Add tomato puree, tomatoes, tomato sauce (ketchup), onion, mushroom, Italian herbs, bay leave, oregano, and salt. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Serve with hot cooked and drained spaghetti or similar pasta. Serves 6 to 8.

* Add water if it is too thick. If you prefer more sour taste, add more fresh tomatoes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's way too cool.

Anonymous said...

Gomen kudasai.

Anonymous said...

The spaghetti is superb. Believe me!!!

elisataufik said...

weh mana aci tiru "easy peasy"...
ha ha ha!! acah aje..
weh sedap nya nampak.. I have to make this one of these days. Harini I made carbonara for lunch, coz all I had was some mortadella slices and eggs. This weekend kena beli mince meat lah.
*drool*

Pea said...

Elisa, hehehehe sowi... tiru trademark. nanti i tukar. trylah. you would like it if you have the same taste bud like me.