Saturday, March 29, 2008

Treasure Hunt to Historical City of Malacca

Another season of Treasure Hunting. As my team was the CHAMPION in last year's Cameron Highland hunting, this year's chance shouldn't be missed. I'm lucky that hubby was around during that time to help looking after the children. This year's hunting was made to the Historical City of Malacca. Our target was to retain the defending CHAMPION's title.

The day started with gathering at the flag-off point at 7am and off we went for the hunting after the final briefing. First hunting point was SS2, PJ followed by Seksyen 14. We then took Sungei Besi North South highway heading to Seremban for the next hunting stop followed by Rembau, Tampin, Alor Gajah, Cheng, up till Melaka Raya before the final check point at Malacca Equatorial Hotel itself. Our team completed the treasure hunt in 5hrs despite the given time of 7 hrs. That is really superb !!!

Spent the rest of the afternoon 'sight-seeing'. I never felt that I'm half Malaccan event though Malacca is my other half's hometown. Walked around jonker street with rain drizzling on us. Had my first-in-my-life Jonker street cendol and felt in love with it. The coconut cream was a 'real' cream and the palm sugar syrup was soooo thick. Never had this kind of cendol before.

The night was spent with buffet dinner at the hotel where treasure hunt result was announced. YES!!!! We got it again !! This year's prize was much better than last year. RM1K Jusco voucher which has to be split for four persons. Not too bad compared to the miserable water filter and hamper that we got last year.

Dinner ended at around 10:30pm and we had a nice walk from the hotel to Jonker street (AGAIN !). There were 8 of us but me and the other 2 friends were left behind due to 'generation' gap with the rest. Ha ha ha. We enjoyed another cendol session at Jonker street at around 12midnight. Alhamdulillah I was not caught with cold. Reached hotel room around 12:45am.

Morning started with hotel buffet breakfast. We checked out around 9:30am and I was sent to MIL's house while the rest spent the day at Malacca Zoo. Had lunch with my team members at my MIL's house and headed back to KL at around 2:30pm.

It was a great experience.

** Pictures courtesy of KKJM. Thank you, sir !!

No comments: