Monday, March 10, 2008

Cherating, Kuantan

My husband arrived at KLIA from Amsterdam at 6:55am on Sunday morning. He arrived home 1.5hrs later, had nasi lemak for breakfast which was cooked specially for him with sambal ikan bilis jering by yours truly. He then had his nap while I was finishing my office works where I was literally on my laptop from 9am till 2pm. Off we went to the east coast to spend 1st term school holiday with the children at 3pm sharp. Thanks to the east coast highway which had shorten our journey to merely 3 hours door to door. Since my husband was still recovering form jet lag, nothing much to catch-up yet.
We checked in at 6pm. My request for 2 rooms with connecting door was fulfilled. Started the stay with swimming pool treat for the kids while I was updating with my husband Malaysian's latest current affair 12th GE to be specific. He had missed all the excitements for being away for the past 3 weeks.
First night dinner was enjoyed at the nearest ikan bakar restaurant. All the children were still tired and no one seemed to enjoy the food. Me and hubby thought we had ordered the best choices available. Unfortunately, my kids still enjoy mom's cooking over the others.
Lesson #1: Do not treat the children with meal that has similarity like home cooking food. Malay/Asian food is their NOT choice. Second day started with beach strolling. Intended to see sun rise. Weather was not so good and we were actually woke up late to catch the moment. Had breakfast at the hotel and spent the rest of the day with swimming pool and beach activities. My husband was still recovering from sudden temperature change (freezing temperature in Europe, hot sunny weather here) + jet lag. He wasn't feeling so well. Thus, he spent most of the day resting in the room. I was so worry that he would get sick for I 'stuffed' him with 2 panadols and get him to sleep. Lunch was just 'take-away' nasi ayam from the nearest nasi ayam stall I could find in the neighborhood. Children were happy coz they did not have to go out for the meal. Lunch were enjoyed at the convenience of the hotel room. My husband got better late afternoon. He got the chance to spent time at the beach with the children. Dinner was enjoyed at A&W in Kemaman.
Third day was started with breakfast at the hotel. The rest of the day was enjoyed at the beach and swimming pool. We then again went to Kemaman town to enjoy our lunch at Pizza Hut. Evening was spent playing kite at the beach. Fulfill my best friend's invitation for dinner at Bandar Indera Mahkota Kuantan for dinner. This is another reunion at her home after 8 years. She is my friend of 26 years. We have known each other since we were in Form 1 at one of the boarding school somewhere in Malaysia.
Fourth day is our last day. We checked out at around noon and headed to Kuantan town for lunch. As expected, the infamous nasi ayam was again our choice. After an hour drive everyone felt asleep except for the unlucky driver. He could not stand the influence for he finally made a stop at one of the rest area and spent a good 1/2 hour nap. We continued our journey home and finally reached our destination at around 6pm. My husband missed to attend a scheduled conference call which supposed to start at 5pm.

Everyone enjoyed the trip it does help to ease up my mind from work pressure.

2 comments:

elisataufik said...

okay tak, legend?
I think we tried to stay there once, but our room had no water, so we moved out.

I am a loyal Impiana fan :)

Pea said...

I suka Legend. This is the third time we stayed there. We like the swimming pool. Before that we stayed at Holiday Villa. Since they both shared the same beach, we opted for The Legend. So far belum pernah try Impiana lagi.